Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • gear and stuff
    • jim (no login)
      Posted Feb 5, 2010 11:19 AM

Last year I had My Kimber Custom Classic with adj sights for the 1500 and dist. I fired my fixed sight XD Tactical in the duty match. Both were 45acp

The only work at that time on these pistols was a NM bushing and Kart barrel in the Kimber. The XD received some much needed TLC, from springfield, on the trigger only moments before reporting to the line.

The Kimber failed me in the 1500, primarily due to my reloads, in the Dist the FMJ were flawless.
      The XD was never intended for this but it was fun.
      After seeing all the 9mm brass on the ground I figured that that must be the way to go..

I had an old Caspian frame at home that was used for a Marvel .22 conversion that I had already decided to convert to a 6 in open pistol. All the parts had been ordered to complete the top end... so it only seemed natural to do just that. (I always wanted one to play with)

So I was able to discard the 45 stuff and consentrate on 9mm set up.

I bought a Used SA 9mm Target and did some tuning on it and completed the 6in pistol.
      Due to the rule changes I just needed 2 pistols though I could have gotten by with one. And since I did all the work myself it all cost me less than buying one CUSTOM pistol from one of the top shops.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement