Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: neck hold at 25?
    • PPC Ken (no login)
      Posted Feb 9, 2010 11:53 AM

I hope we get many responses to this post - I use the neck-hold at 25 (especially for the Quick 6) because 1) I am 64 years old, wear glasses, and have a somewhat hard time decerning the "X" at that distance (and this is especially true on rainy/heavy overcast days), 2) unless your shots are exactly in the "X" they may tend to be to one side or the other, then you start chasing the group right out of the "X" ring and maybe into the ten ring or worse. And 3) my "neck hold" is actually the brownish/whiteish line denoting the 7 ring at the base of the neck - for me this gives a much more defined aiming point (when I can hold the firearm steady enough)! For the Quick 6 I tend to move the front sight more into the middle of the neck because I tend to pull my shots down when I shoot very quickly (and this helps compensate for that) and also the front sight exactly covers the width of the neck at 25 yards - again helping with a much more definite aim point. Cannot wait to try out my new 6" Distinguish pistol with these new tricks - that's a joke and a jab! Good luck, ken
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement