Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • NEK HOLD (southern spelling)
    • CALREB (Login CALREB)
      Posted Feb 15, 2010 8:05 PM

Back when my eyes were real good I didnt need neckhold,BUT when it got dark or real bright man those lines were hard to see, especially when the lines got REAL thin.It was too difficult to go back and forth,(lots of points lost when I got confused)So I finally swithched to neckhold all the time.It also helped those Quick-6 jitters, as long as I didnt peek,DONT PEEK!!! After trying everyone elses point of aim in the neck I found that I consistently shot best when I used what my eyes liked the best and I seemed naturally drawn to ,in my case it was making the head a round ball for 6:00 hold at 50, and the thinnest part of the neck ,so I could get white ,or brown, on the sides of my front sight at 25.The 10 ring is longer than it is wide so you have more room for error up and down/ than side to side.Also all targets are not created equal, so I put knots in my plumbob string and measure from my aiming point to the x . The targets at NPSC are about a inch off and the heads are more round than what we shoot in CA. my .02 Good Luck Bob
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement