Yes, you may now have an adjustable rear service sights on your Stock Semi-Automatic pistol.
As before concerning the type of sight it remains a service type fixed or adjustable sight. It now is the same sight requirement and allowances we have had with the Service Revolver for years. Sights need to be service type, commonly called by most officers and manufacturers duty sights. Quick adjustable, target sights, and sights such as the Aristocrat Auto 6, TS-45 and RS-45 models are not allowed since they are not service/duty sights. As before your service sights can also use luminescent, or fiber optic service sights.
If you first check PPC Rule 3.1 it shows what is generally Allowed or Prohibited on ALL PPC firearms.
Rule Section 3.1 All Firearms: With respect to Rules 3.2 through 3.9, and in addition to the firearm specific regulations below, the following features are either allowed or prohibited on all of the firearms described.
1. Sight blackening.
2. Fixed or adjustable sights.
3. Action work to make a crisper and/or smoother trigger pull.
4. Stocks may be modified or changed because of the size of a competitors hand or to facilitate loading.
1. Compensators, barrel venting, barrel porting.
2. Internal modifications that would render the firearm less safe than originally designed by the manufacturer.
3. Any external modifications, except those allowed within each rule.
4. The front sight may not extend beyond the muzzle.
Then when you check PPC Rule 3.8 for Stock Semi-Automatic Pistols you can see any additional Allowances or Prohibitions that specifically deal with Stock Semi-Automatic Pistols. Since 3.8 does not Prohibit adjustable rear sights they are Allowed.
Rule 3.8 Stock Semi-Automatic Pistol: Factory manufactured (catalog item), center-fire semi-automatic pistol capable of chambering and
firing .35 caliber or larger ammunition, or FN 5.7 x 28 caliber ammunition. All double action semi-automatic pistols must fire the first
shot of every stage double action. Trigger pull not less than 3.5 pounds single or double action.
1. Maximum barrel length of 5.5 inches.
2. Any accessories, parts, and components which are manufactured to duplicate, in materials and dimensions, the original as offered by the manufacturer.
3. Replacement of service type sights with luminescent, or fiber optic service sights.
4. Maximum sight radius of 7.5 inches.
5. Finger groove and slip on grips.
6. Magazine bumper pad.
7. Extended magazine well funnel.
1. Adjustable front sight.
2. Thumb rest.
3. Grips/stocks that are flared at the base.
4. Tape on the grips/stocks.
5. Any substance that results in a sticky surface to the grips/stocks or hand.
6. Full-length Bo-mar type ribs on the slide.
7. Weighted grips or grip panels.
8. Trigger shoes.
Thanks for contacting us on this. Should you have any additional questions or if there is anything we can do for you here at the Law Enforcement Division please do not hesitate to give us a shout. You can reach our staff at 703.267.1632 or by e-mail at LECompetitions@nrahq.org.
Hope you have a great shootings season and we see you at the Nationals in September.