Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Questions on a Bill Davis PPC Revolver in .44 mag
    • olypenn22 (Login olypenn22)
      Posted May 27, 2010 11:41 PM

My first post here, This sure looks like the right place for a my questions. Thanks

Shot a friends Bill Davis PPC revolver (.38 spl built on a S&W model 10) in the 1970's, knew about Bills PPC revolvers, always wanted one, but have always been more fan of S&W N frames. Have seen a couple Bill Davis S&W 28's in .357, thought that was what I was looking at when I found this S&W N frame pictured below.

Am looking for info on the below Bill Davis Custom PPC built on a S&W model 29 no dash (1959) .44 mag I just picked up, have posted questions elsewhere but no answers yet. does anyone have a idea of when this revolver was was built and its grade? also what kind of scope mount was it machined for? it is the first PPC style .44 mag I have seen. Were these common? Several have suggested it was built as a bowling pin revolver. Any thoughts on that?.

Revolver weights in at over 4 lbs empty, has a 6 inch long barrel and one inch round barrel, target hammer, trigger and grips, a fine trigger job, a upper astrocrat rail, a lower rail, a trigger overtravel screw, 7-25-50 yard selectable front sight. Hoping to shoot it this weekend.

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

Thanks again, olypenn22

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement