Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • WHATS next
    • Bob (no login)
      Posted Jan 27, 2011 5:11 AM

I hope the NRA committee who has taken a simple sport and so totally screwed it up over the last 4 years are proud of themselves. OK after allowing aristocrate R-S sights on PPC9 last year for stock auto they now have changed that,Im sure all competitors that talked Jim into making that sight again and bought them are real happy,not only that but the PPC 9 has been ruled out for stock auto because its not a catalog item,no matter what sight you put on it,Well bright persons at the NRA how has it qualified as a dist auto for the last 15 years if it was not a catalog item or how have any of the P/C guns qualified because Ive never seen even the stock auto in a catalog. So thank you as a competitor for now making my 1200.00 dollar gun worth pretty much nothing,because you have seen fit to change all the other rules,making 6" guns legal for dist auto was bad enough,but I thought hey 5"-6" thats not that much of an advantage all other things being equal, but you couldnt leave that alone NOW we are expected to compete with full CUSTOM read again no matter what catalog its in CUSTOM 6" BULL barrel 1911s,now thats a pretty serious advantage over a 5" regular barrel 1911 or a 5" ppc9 .Whats so distinguished about shooting the same gun most of us have been shooting in the open class for 10 years,well at least you didnt allow ribs, big deal. Heck your even messing with the poor glock shooters,like any really cares if they have an extra 1/16th of an inch sight advantage.You say well just shoot what you have and stop complaining.WELL some of us like to be competitive and WIN and part of that at the higher levels is giving yourself the opportunity by having as good equipment as the other top competitors you are shooting against.I know the new thing at the NPSC is like kids soccer everyone wins a trophy so they can feel good but I hate to tell you most of those 8-9-10 place trophies,especially in the higher classes, dont leave the hotel waste basket.In your effort to say ok to every sponsor, yes Im refering to the 5.7 ammo thing and changing barrel lengths and sights on a yearly basis, you are driving the real competitors crazy. This constant effort to make it easy for the new shooter is driving us older shooters away and guess what ,we are the ones that were bringing in the new shooters.It was amazing that it was so simple for so many years, you knew what guns were ok,the difference in guns for the type matches made sense and now its turned into IPSC type rule system no one can keep up with. Mostly I wonder WHY all these changes,just say no to somebody,a stock auto has fixed sight period,a dist auto is 5" period,you want to shoot a glock in stock auto buy a 4" and shoot away, no 5.5 inch, FN make 9s and 40s that they say are good guns why approve their 5.7 and change the ammo rule in effect for 40+ years,So they can now advertise 5.7 approved for competition,hey try it at Camp Perry ok, I know Ive rambled on but this last deal was just TOO MUCH, sorry guys had to let it out.Bob
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement