Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: WHATS next
    • Don (no login)
      Posted Jan 28, 2011 11:06 AM

I totally agree with Bob. How has my S&W PPC 9mm be been qualified as a Distinguished Auto gun for all these past 10 years if it was not a catalog item. If it was good enough of a catalog item as a distinguished, then replacing the triset aristocrat rear sight for a simple adjustable aristocrat model should not disqualify. Is it not a SERVICE TYPE sight? What the hell is a SERVICE TYPE sight? Isn't a fiber optic insert more of a customization then a simple plain rear blade? I feel that competing against customized 6" 1911 catalog guns and having to spend another $1500 for because my PPC 9 is no longer worth enough to offset that cost, thanks to this ruling. It is much more of a disadvantage to overcome then just changing the rear sight.
      As far as the awards at the NPSC I also agree. To take home these lucite 7th to 10th place awards and have to pay extra on the airline baggage fees is stupid. While the idea of awarding more guns to the lower classifications is an important incentive and reward to bring back shooters.......what a bunch of crock it was to limit the top shooters what they fully deserve,earned, trained for and spent expensive ammo and time for, to only win a limited few guns. Look, Tippet was wrongly denied the guns he truly earned and never came back again. Isn't a wonderful message to see one of the top champion shooters disgusted and leaving the sport and the nationals. Shouldn't we all be striving to one day beat a Hemphill, Tippet, Vadaz, Cobb, or Pride. They earned the prizes they win and some AYSO soccer type awards to everyone crying they didn't win is sad. There accomplishments are true excellence and something to be truly proud of the achievement, not some lucite nice looking dust collector.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement