Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: OMG
    • Unregistered Member (Login KAC49)
      Posted Feb 3, 2011 10:36 AM

OK, just got an email from NRA. Lipp has given the person who sends out the 1099's an amended amount and I will be receiving a new 1099. At least I won't have the tax hit, but it makes me wonder. This could be the perfect way to avoid having to give out expensive awards. First - don't tell anyone what they have won. Second - be sure that competitors who live in states that don't allow certain firearms(CA, MA, etc.)are awarded firearms that they cannot possibly bring into that state. Third - wait until the competitor contacts NRA to let him/her know that they have won a firearm, which will probably be after the 1099's are sent out and after the 3 month time limit for picking up the firearm.

I was fine being told that I had not won a firearm at the conclusion of the NPSC. I figured that was just the way it was. Now that I find that the NRA has screwed me out of $5,245.00 worth of awards(their figures) I am more than a little p.o.'ed. I think that as long as the current group are running NRA LE Competitions I will save my money and not attend the NPSC. I truely believe they do not care about the competitors as is evidenced by their ongoing actions and decisions.

KAC49
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement