Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Patridge Sights For S&W
    • Larry Malin (no login)
      Posted Jan 14, 2012 5:32 AM

I have made patridge sights for the pinned in S&W revolvers and the rules do not allow for a front sight height taller than .375" as that was the tallest S&W made. I was able to get a 4" and 6" 686 to adjust to 50 and 25 yard neck hold by using a .278 like Ken mentioned on the 4". On the 6" I believe I used a .320 front and a .160" rear. (.290" seems to work well for most folks on the 6" 686/586 guns with the .160" rear) I start by bottoming out the rear sight and filing (front) to zero for 25 yard neck hold then all other adjustments will be UP. For a 7 yard zero I have to hold the bottom of the 9 in the 9 ring with the rear sight bottomed out (set for 25 yard zero)This is with my load and changing brands of ammo can affect this so once the gun is zeroed for that ammo then stick with it. Of course if you can't file straight then the refs will question the "external modification". I can make the patridge sight to any height up to the .375" max. I am VERY BUSY in the shop so this can take a while for me to get to but IF there is enough interest I'll do a run of S&W patridge sights on the mill to make available to the fraternity. You'll be looking at around 25.00 + shipping if demand warrants this. This sight will have to be drilled just like the factory sights. The rules say as factory so as long as the style is the same then it is within the restrictions of the rule book. If anyone is interested let me know, but don't expect one to be made overnight. Just remember if you shorten the front sight it RAISES the point of impact. Shorten the REAR sight you LOWER the point of impact.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement