Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: 148 wc load
    • Tony60 (Login tonyk60)
      Posted Feb 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Hey JB, love the gimmicks but don't really need more dust collectors or shin crackers. I don't think you can beat getting that primer down to the bottom of the pocket, a good even crimp, nicely metered powder and good looking projectiles (weight and diam) my match ammo I weigh and sort the projectiles into batches. I don't care if I have to weight 1000 just to get 150 that weigh exactly the same to 1/10th grain. I've spent too many lonely hours with my machine rest to know.... it does make a difference. I will even admit to weighing out powder, but only to close friends. Projectile diameter vs cylinder throat diameter, if they all push through by hand and it is larger than the bore diameter, I'll let the match grade barrel do the rest. HBWC are pretty forgiving going that initial 3/4 inch until they hit the rifling, in the lap of the gods after that, then it's all about you.

I bought one of the very first 586's imported into AUS, so the little devil is old, like me, very old. Broken a couple of trigger pivots, replaced springs and firing pins but apart from changing from 452AA to AS30N (Clays in US) I am still using that same load. In a way I am glad they discontinued the 452, it really doesn't like hot weather and with the AS30 designed for AUS conditions I have never had a bum load, even when we are playing in 100+ F heat.

Shoot well.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement