Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Sports!?
    • Tonyk60 (Login tonyk60)
      Posted Feb 28, 2014 4:56 PM

Hey Doug, I can agree with you there. You have some very valid points. I have been shooting Service revolver for more years than I will admit to, when Action Pistol first came to Aus of course we all jumped on board to give it a go. Totally different kettle of fish, the two matches aren't really compatible, service scores dropped off, and we all ended up in Master grade almost overnight in Action. Now all these years down the track, none of us shoot Action any more, we're al back shooting Service and PPC, both complimenting each other in the way you look at sights and trigger control.

I tend to centre hold all the way through, yeah the X isn't in the middle, but you know that and your brain will accommodate, it's all a learning thing. I can't emphasise the use of bullseye shooting enough, the information you get out of shooting it is invaluable, sights, trigger and grip is all transferrable to PPC. None of them are individual components, you can have the best grip ever, sights aligned perfectly, but if you hit that trigger there goes the score. As I say to my people when we are training, I'd rather a miss than a 7, next time I'll shoot that tad faster, but the information I get out of those other 5 shots make the series.

As aw93 said (damn Feinwerkbau's) it's a big 9 ring, for a newer shooter, trying to shoot 10's will always end in disaster, just like us trying to shoot X's, 1500 with zero X's will always win, but chance is one will always stray into the X ring... bonus.

An old coach of mine once asked me to draw what my sights looked like on the target, did a beautiful picture. she screwed it up and told me to go and have a real look, not what I think she wanted to see. If you can't see a clear front sight and everything else is a mass or blur, then you aren't looking, which is probably why I shoot centre of mass (sort of) if I'm trying to hold at the neck or head, I'm not looking at my front sight.

I learnt not to discount anything I've bee told until I have tried it myself, and it's not right for me, that is what the off months are for.

good shooting...
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement