Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 1911 for ppc
    • jb (Login x-cop)
      Posted Mar 28, 2014 10:28 AM

Kris,
      I actually have one of these, but unless you do some smithing to it, will not be good for PPC. Cant get these of course any longer, but for a base gun they are actually better than some of the other import guns. A top gunsmith Jim Clark years ago put me on to them for a builder. Out of box shot horrible. With some work got it to shoot 3" group from 50. Did most of the work myself as a hobby project just to see what I could wind up with. You should get a match bbl., bushing. Tighten slide to frame,trigger job,fit rear hood,adjust lug lock up and adjustable sights.Any other refinements will be up to you. Jim thought they were good because they were forged steel(frame and slide)He was someone you would listen to when he spoke.
      If you do work you will need to invest in some equiptment.
      Trouble is you can buy some guns nowadays with all this already done for what it will cost you to have it done or even cost out of your pocket if you do yourself.
      As a shooter for casual competition is a decent gun. Used to sell for $200 brand new, now going for $400-$500(used) in states if you can find um.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement