Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • 50 Yard help
    • Unregistered Member (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jun 5, 2014 11:36 AM

I read thru these posts again and couldnt resist noting that what High Master PPC 50 advised is something one our good shooters used to preach back in the 70's. This guy physically was not the epitomy of the classic PPC shooter(anyone who knew him-Jimmy VanCoutren-The Bear))would agree, but could and did outshoot just about everyone in our group most of the time. Wherever he is I am sure he is rolling around laughing at me writing this. But, this is what we preach to any new shooter(so little of them anymore.) Excellent advice for those who still shoot and will shoot a dying discipline.
      The tactical shooting shooting is great for the street application, but you still need that "base" to be able to put that shot where you want to. My personal experience is that "some" of the best tactical shooters are the worst shooters when it comes to accuracy. If they had to qualify past the 15 yard line would fall on their faces. And I am sure that many of you who read the posts on this site will agree that shooting is a very perishable activity,practice, practice and then practice some more. With ammo and components and support from your department so hard to get it has become harder and harder to do this unfortunately. You dont need ammo to practice all the time,they call it "dry fire". Prob preaching to the choir here.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement