Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Wow
    • HoganFS (Login HoganFS)
      Posted Aug 22, 2014 4:04 PM

MISTER Davis !

Talk about coincidink.

You wouldn't know me. I just registered here moments ago to try to get info on a Fred Schmidt gun I had Fred build for me for the Steel Challenge in 1986. Part PPC, part combat revolver with his short cylinder.

But, I have two other L-Frames that Kerry Freeman did fine action jobs on during the same period. I was a friend of Bud Watson of Watson Precision Reloading in the San Gabriel Valley - a new member then of the Wart Hogs, their old club that originally included some of the leather slap guys from the 1950s.

I still have the two L-Frames. Simply had the muzzles crowned and the barrel forcing cones opened up, with a Davis - Freeman action job. That's all I needed then to compete practically anywhere.

The first one got pretty rickety. In my own jargon and notes, it's always called the 'Original L'. The second one is my best revolver (competing in some ways with Fred Schmidt's) and has always been called, the "Davis L". It's the last L-Frame I'll ever give up.

And here you be. Cool.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement