Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Suggestion for a load for STI Targetmaster
    • x-cop (Login x-cop)
      Posted Sep 17, 2014 11:34 AM

Moose,
      The factory bbl(bull) is supposed to be 1:16 twist. What modifications did you make to yours to get it shooting? "Appreciate" any suggestions.
      You can e-mail me @ jbcustom-leather@att.net.
      When you say you made into an "open" gun, what did you do?
      Yes, have been told the Atlanta Ammo is way to go. Heard they use the Hndy XTP bullet in their competition load and the HAP bullet in the reloads.
      I know one thing for sure, bbl not locking up same with each shot.Causing stringing and flyers. I noticed rub marks on one side of bbl. and lightly stoned and polished this area and now have seen quite an improvement(out of my hand). Going to machine rest it again with different loads. You would think their quality control would be just a "little" better??.
      I did check link and bbl hood for lock up and seems fine.No bbl springing detected.Slide tight.NO real muzzle movement detected on lock up.Actually pretty tight. Again any suggestions appreciated.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement