Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Nationals opiniion
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Oct 8, 2014 10:14 PM

Well Robert you have a legitimate suggestion my opinion.We opened our PPC matches to civilians in hopes of getting participation.We got one and he never came back. PPC is in stage 4 and teminal. I am afraid you are correct, that many could care less if it was over tomorrow. What a shame. We used to have 40 plus show up at our local matches(St.Louis),now we are lucky to get 5 show. Hell cant even get that many to show up at a regional im many cases. If not wrong I dont think Memphis or Cedar Rapids had that many attend this year.
      A lot of the officers would rather play golf, fish ,or do something other than shoot let alone competition. I work at a police academy and try my best to get some of the cadets to come and compete in our matches. Cant get one to show up.Some do not own or have never shot a handgun. They want to be cops, and they show up for the firearms training because they have to(not all)fortunately. They shoot when they train, and that is it for the most part.They go home to their other interests and texting and forget about shooting until next range date. They dont realize or care that competition can be a great training tool. Many will not touch a gun after they graduate.Many after and when they get hired will not shoot except for the one day a year they have to qualify. Many will have to wait 6 mos. to a year before getting hired and forget everything we teach them.
      I am finished with my rant. Good luck, hope you dont get snubbed too much in the future.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement