Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Targetmaster 9mm or 45
    • Unregistered Member (Login JIMPGOV)
      Posted Jan 1, 2015 5:10 PM

BB; FIRST I WOULDN'T GET A TARGET MASTER IN EITHER CALIBER IF YOU PLAN TO COMPETE ON THE NATIONAL LEVEL. YES THEY'RE ONLY $1600 BUT TO GET THEM TO SHOOT WELL ENOUGH YOU'LL HAVE TO DUMP A BUNCH OF MONEY INTO IT.. BETTER TO SPEND THE MONEY ONCE AND HAVE THE BEST AND NEVER HAVE TO WORRY IF IT'S HOLDING YOU BACK. THE TARGET MASTER'S I HAVE SEEN AND TRIED COULD HARDLY HOLD 10 RING AT 50YDS

NOW AS FOR 9MM VS.45. BEFORE THE RULES WERE CHANGED (IN REGARDS TO AMMO) THE 9MM HAD AN ADVANTAGE OF LOWER RECOIL FOR THE DISTINGUISHED GUN. NOW THE OPEN AND DISTINGUISHED ARE THE SAME GUN. NOW AMMO RESTRICTIONS HAVE BEEN REMOVED ALLOWING .45 AMMO NOW LONGER HAS TO BE FACTORY LOADED. SO 45 MATCH SEMIWADCUTTER AMMO HAS ABOUT THE SAME RECOIL AS 9MM . .45 HAS LARGER HOLES, 9MM SHOTS THAT WERE CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR ARE NOW CUTTING THE LINE FOR THE HIGHER SCORE WITH THE .45.

I FEEL YOU HAVE A DISTINCT ADVANTAGE STARTING NOW .
      1 GUN INSTEAD OF 2. (YOU ALREADY HAVE YOUR DUTY GUN)
      AMMO RESTRICTIONS RELAXED, RELOADED AMMO ALLOWED
      YOU ALREADY ARE AN EXPERIENCED .45 LOADER (.45 FOR 50 RD X-RING ACCURACY IS EASY EVEN WITH USED BRASS) YOU CAN LOAD 50YD ACCURATE AMMO FOR $150 PER 1000 WITH YOUR OWN BRASS
      9MM LOADING IS A BIT TRICKY (FACTORY NEW BASS A MUST FOR 50YD ACCURACY)BULLET AND POWDER FINICKY $340 A 1000 FOR 50YD ACCURATE AMMO
      I OWN A 5" (OLD DISTINGUISHED AUTO'S) AND 6" IN BOTH CALIBERS. WITH THE CHANGE IN AMMO THE 9MM'S ARE NOW ON THE SHELF.

JUST A FEW THINGS FOR YOU TO CONSIDER

WHAT GUN TO GET?
      ROCK RIVER ARMS, WATCH THE WEB SITE. SHOULD ANNOUNCE THE RETURN OF THE CUSTOM 1911'S ON 20JAN15
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement