Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
    • Dave (Login Dave1500)
      Posted Mar 4, 2015 10:28 AM

Thank you JPE JB and Jim C for your responses. I will check and try all things mentioned. The heads I use are triple swaged .357 by a private person, and in another revolver I have, produce sub inch groups all cloverleafing to one hole - 10 rounds - shot standing unsupported. I take from that it's not me or the ammo at fault.

The throat to cylinder is 3 thou and very even. The forcing cone is a precise 11 degree as is the crowned muzzle end. The crowning was hand finished. Aristocrat rib not loose. Forcing cone cleaned of any lead using both choir boys and girls (LOL!)

I'm in the process of making up some .356 and .355 to test out on Friday.

If it still shoots rubbish then the barrel is coming off in favour of a bit of DONNELLY .357 8 groove 1 in 14 I've had hanging round for years.

Cheers all

Dave
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement