Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Results
    • Dave (Login Dave1500)
      Posted Mar 15, 2015 9:48 AM

Hi Guys. Well I tried a variety of .355 and .356 heads but still the same sort of grouping. A bit better but nothing startling. I did think I was onto something when my first 4 shots made one ragged hole but then had two fliers about 2 inches away in two different directions.

An interesting development though, I got in contact with Krieger Barrels - oh to get one of those - who gave me that according to the SAAMI the .357 should have a bore of .346 and grooves to .355. The question is that is this just for rifle barrels (mine is a Bergara rifle barrel) and should revolver .357 barrels be just that - .357 when shooting lead?

Krieger have offered to do me a barrel at .346 bore/.357 groove. Would that be too much groove and start shaving lead.

I note all your earlier comments. Although the forcing cone is 11 degree, should it be longer than the .075 it is now. The crown is also 11 degree cut straight to the rifling. Should I have a shallow flat recess around the exit hole or what?

Any ideas as your help is most welcome
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement