Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Remington 148 grain HBWC
    • Unregistered Member (Login tm1955)
      Posted Apr 1, 2015 5:37 PM

Yes you can use Zero, Precision Delta, Hornady or Speer wadcutters and still get excellent accuracy. Heck, your gun may just love one of the other brands more than Remington. For practice, and really they would work good enough in most matches too, I have some loads worked up with both the Zero and Precision Delta match lube wadcutters that shoot very well.

I have a load using the Remington wadcutter that outperforms all the other bullets and loads I had ever tried in my MOJO PPC revolver. That is why I look so hard for Remington bullets. These Remington bullets that I have been able to get will only be used in matches. And if they keep getting harder and harder to get, I may end up just using them in the "big" matches and shoot the Precision Delta wadcutters in all the other matches.

I have not had very good luck with match quality accuracy using the Speer or Hornady wadcutters. Just haven't hit on the "magic" load or something. And this is trying different loads in three different PPC revolvers.

I would not hesitate to say the Precision Delta wadcutter with match lube is my second choice. Some people have different opinions about the match lube or standard lube. Perhaps get a case of both and try them to see which one your gun likes. They do load nice and clean and don't lead up my guns. And with the free shipping that Precision Delta has, their bullets are a very good deal.

Hope some of this helps.
      tony
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement