Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Trials
    • Dave (Login Dave1500)
      Posted Jun 9, 2015 6:08 AM

Hi everyone

Thank you very much for such detailed replies. I think the problem may have been such low powered loads used at the start that obturation failed and by the 16th shot leading had or was occurring. Secondly I have inconsistent cylinder throats ranging from .357 to .35575.

My friend and gunsmith has read all your comments and has decided to ream all throats to .357 and use .357 projectiles with 2.7 Vihtavouri 310 about the same or slightly faster than 2.8 Bullseye. All this into a .3545 barrel with a nice throat. I am also using various HBWC with a range of hardness.

Going to the range for some serious testing Thursday and Friday. Lets hope the weather holds. Well, after all, it is England
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement