Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Trials
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jun 12, 2015 10:33 PM

Kent,
      Taper crimp is used by many, and I have tried and retried and always came back to roll crimp. Two things, worked better with speed loaders and when taper crimping have to make sure using same head stamps due to wall thickness differences and degree of tension can vary even with same head stamps. With me was not getting the degree of accuracy with the taper crimp I got with the roll crimp. I have tried varying degrees of crimp and always came back to the light roll crimp. Factory loads I have heard a taper crimp die, but almost look like a roll crimp The Redding profile crimping die was supposed to duplicate this type of crimp, tried it too, but never noticed a difference of any increase in accuracy at 50. Found the old Lee factory crimp die works as good as any of them even though their Barnum and Bailey/Herters approach to their advertising did nothing for me, but their dies work pretty good
      I like you had a some custom expansion dies made up by a machinist in about 3 different diameters for different bullet diameters, but didn't see anything that was any more impressive in what I settled on. This is just my experience with my guns.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement