Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Nationals- Not confirmed
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jun 16, 2015 12:22 PM

This is an information e-mail I received. Not confirmed, but pretty much what has been rumored. All rumors have to be considered with a grain of salt until proven out of course.

This sent to me by a good friend:

Honestly, I expect no less with the direction of the N.R.A. with the Nationals , and lack of participation and recruitment of new interest from LE. I hope I am wrong, but the demise of PPC is around the corner. With the relocation and "other" signs pretty much indicative of just that.

I cannot say for sure but think this originally came from retired Deputy Chief Mike Castro, Albuquerque PD.

I thought I would give you the heads up on some recent and future changes for the NPSC. This years competition will only see one 1500. The shooter will get to choose his or her best tool, revolver or Semi auto, and they will shoot only one 1500 for the overall score. They are also planning on doing the same for the Service matches, but it is still unclear if that will occur at this years competition.

As for the Distinguished, those with current points (I think what is meant is those already distinguished) making them eligible for the Distinguished Award will be discouraged from shooting. They instead will focus on those shooters who have yet to achieve enough points. This is the NRA's response to shooter complaints regarding the length and expense of the NPSC. As a result, the NPSC will wrap up on Wednesday .

For the future, the NRA will be phasing out Revolver competitions entirely in the next three years. This has been a discussion recently, and the NRA believes it will be better for the sport of PPC. Most of these changes were made at the top level and are still being ironed out. I am certain the elimination of revolvers will cause great controversy among the ranks. The future focus on Semi auto shooting, they believe, will be more consistent with the current state of American and International Law Enforcement and encourage more shooters.

The TPC or three- gun will continue to gain prominence at this event and may even blossom into additional fast paced shooting events including handguns, rifles and shot guns.

I have waited to say anything about these proposals until I met again with
      the Director to discuss these issues. I met with Glen Hoyer yesterday and
      he affirmed these changes.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement