Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Nationals-
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jun 16, 2015 6:56 PM

Al,
      From your post this seems to be factual and is evident of the gradual degeneration and demise of PPC and the NPSC as it was and we knew it to be, that drew competitors from everywhere. Unfortunately it is in the same realm of what this country has degraded into with political agendas and special interests calling the shots. Unless there is the mass willing to say enough is enough and stand in unity, it will continue on the fatal decline that it is headed. How many that read these posts or see what is happening are willing to do something like Tom suggested. I began PPC and the Nationals in Bloomington Indiana and have seen it go from an enjoyable, positive training tool with extensive participation with new people all the time to the almost extinct discipline it has evolved into. What a shame.
      I hate to say it, the N.R.A. has become a money oriented corporation rather then the organization I joined back in 1959 with its agenda geared more for shooting sports and training programs geared to everyone's ability to participate no matter their status. Maybe in my old age I have become cynical in my philosophy and outlook, but from those I talk to, not alone. Politics and financial goals has definitely altered their behavior.
      This move to New Mexico no matter what anyone says cant change my mind, that it sealed the fate of PPC and the NSPC. So they intend to keep it there and alter the program that will drive even more away from this competition with seemly uncaring blindness. Oh well.
      Every year it gets worse, and this not just me that sees this. Of course the economy and the total lack of backing and support from so many of the departments due to their own financial limitations from the politicians that control the budgets, including many of the police chiefs themselves that answer to the politicos, especially if they want to hold their position.
      I know there are those that will say I am all wrong and full of it, but this is the way I see it and saw it happening gradually over a period of time like Tom said "should have marshaled our voices" long time ago before there is no reversing.
      This is just my opinion of course and hope I didn't insult anyone.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement