Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Need mailing and email address for NRA Board of Directors
    • Tony (Login tm1955)
      Posted Jun 17, 2015 11:33 AM

I hope someone out there can help some of us that are not computer literate. I only have email addresses for Glen Hoyer: ghoyer@nrahq.org and Marc Lipp: mlipp@nrahq.org. Does someone have email and physical mailing address for the board of directors? I just tried to find them on the NRA website and can not find a listing of who the board members are at all. I know the Director and other officers of the NRA can be reached by mailing a letter to the NRA headquarters. But how do we contact our elected board members individually who hopefully if they hear from enough of us will put the pressure on Glen Hoyer and Marc Lipp to not take away anything from the Nationals.

I have a question. Glen Hoyer is reportedly saying that competitors are complaining about the length of the Nationals. I have attended the Nationals for the past 7 years. I have never heard of anyone complaining of the length of the Nationals. For the last three years I have attended the "competitors meeting" on Tuesday night hosted by Glen Hoyer and Marc Lipp. I know I am hard of hearing but I swear I have never heard of anyone complaining about how long the Nationals were. In fact, when the NRA tried to cut the Nationals short last year by having the team matches scored by using the open class scores, enough complaints were received that the fired team matches were added back in. So complaining does help to some extent. Hopefully the cometitors that complained about not firing the team matches will be just as vocal about these proposed changes so we all can enjoy shooting all these different firearms that we have acquired over the years.

I will say this, and I know Marc Lipp looks at this forum because he has posted to this forum before. For several years I have provided information to Marc Lipp about Atlanta Arms and Ammo offering to provide certificates for ammunition as prizes at the Nationals. Last year I again asked Marc about contacting Mr. Wisner at Atlanta Arms and Ammo. Marc Lipp assured me again that he would "work" on this, and stressed how busy he is. Well, the Nationals are two months away and it will be interesting to see if there are any certificates from Atlanta Arms and Ammo. I was always taught that you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. When a company like Atlanta Arms and Ammo offers to provide certificates for ammunition a lot of us "department un-funded" shooters would give our right arm for, I would think that the NRA would jump on it!

My last thought. I do hear from a contingent of people of how the Nationals have gone down hill since moving to Albuquerque. How attendence would go up if the Nationals were moved to say Memphis or back to Jackson. I don't hear what if anything is being done to try to either accomplish this or if anything at all is even being worked on by anyone. Glen Hoyer and Marc Lipp do say at the competitors meeting that no other agency has stepped up to the plate and offers the NRA what the City of Albuquerque has for facilities and the help to run the Nationals. Is there another agency or a combination of agencies out there that can match or beat what Albuquerque offers to start hosting the Nationals?
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement