Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • NPSC
    • Bob (Login REB55)
      Posted Jun 17, 2015 7:01 PM

This is pretty funny or really sad , I posted (or attempted to post ) a topic on this forum last night, but it didnt go through.
      Yesterday I went to the NRA LE Competitions page to look for info on the NPSC. The dates were there and a phone number to call for in. However if you punched up the TACTICAL Match there was all the info , dates ,events,entry info ,ammo etc.

GEE ! , I thought what message are you putting out here.

Well here we go again,it seem like the second year that NPSC moved to New Mexico it ha been nothing but a big "bait and switch".
      Remember when we used to get a nice booklet telling you about the event and matches with prizes listed and all the info you could want. Then suddenly no book or info and when you got to New Mexico BLAM, OH !!!! we changed afew things heres the NEW award schedule and it being done because we are tired of the same people ( who work hard ,invest the most time, money,effort) of winning everything so we changed it up and now it will be better because more people can win a gun and that will fix everything.
      OH additionally the match is going to be administered terribly and so on and so forth, you know the rest. In this case it wasnt so much about the prizes as how it was done.

Complaints fell on deaf ears so it just has gotten worse from there.EVERY year changes and not for the betterment of our sport.

THE NPSC is too long , I agree.But dont shorten it by cutting out the main events or team championship ,like you wanted to do last year.
      Look at all the stand around time ,standing on line,etc, not because the equipment is down, but because someone in the tower has no idea whats going on.Last year we stood on line so many times for 20-30 minutes after last call it was terrible.
      It only show that no one cares about the competitors. Come on. How can you enjoy a trip when you are on the range from 0800 to 1700 or later.
      If they want to shorten the match, get rid of the additional junk they have added, there is no need for a Stock auto team match,or production class anything. If you want, do like the Bianchi Cup add a production class to the open event,that way if someone wanted to experience shooting they could do that. BUT really are the National Championship the place to worry about getting new shooters.
      That should be accomplished during the PPC season at local matches. The NPSC should be the icing on the cake.

BIGGEST THING TO GET RID OF !!!!!!
      GET RID OF THE PARASITE TACTICAL MATCH, do you really think people drive all the way to NM to shoot a 1 day,tactical match.
      AND if you think they will FINE, SCHEDULE IT ANOTHER TIME/DATE. A couple years ago one of the Match Directors from APD actually told me that most of the prizes ,from sponsors, were donated for his Tactical Match. REALLY !!! talk about the tail wagging the dog. I would love to hear what he told sponsors when he was asking for donations , IM SURE he never mentioned the National Police Shooting Championships.

The LE committee has been lucky the last couple years and Bob Vadaz has won everything, so it hasnt made a difference, BUT can anyone tell me how the CHAMPION is chosen.
      Two years ago the NRA had (2) Women Champions, some articles listed one champion and others listed another. KINDA confusing.

I know Marc Lipp reads this sometimes because I've seen him post here. I wish someone in the LE Competition group would have the guts to openly post on the NRA LE website the current changes they are proposing.or are forcing on us, prior to the match, and at least give some sort of explanation. For most purposes cutting our sport in half isnt going to HELP anything so dont try to say that, people who just started shooting and now can basically throw one gun (they spent money for) away isnt going to help anything.

We have gotten 8-10 new shooters to start shooting over the last 4-5 years,these folks like the difficulty of PPC and the fundamentals it drives home. It has nothing to do with winning guns or being able to shoot duty type guns. There are tons of local matches where the prize tables are way better and the competition way less than NPSC. WITHOUT all the cost/ time associated with the NPSC trip. No one comes JUST to win a gun,or guns, its a nice add on , BUT we come for the competition and to prove your one of the best, or the best,LE shooter or team. Several years ago at NM I was the top municipal shooter is one of the open events, When I went to get my award, I was given 8th or 10th HM. When I asked for an explanation the woman told me 8th HM was a better prize than 1st Municipal. See, the people working there just dont get it. I didnt know you could even WIN 8th place anything.

Dont ruin our sport to try to promote another.The NRA will never be able to compete with the awards given at the various 3 gun matches around the country.None of our 3 gun shooters want to go to NM and we have a team of about 30 shooters. We try to get them to go every year but they dont feel its worth it.

IM old now and not very good shooting PPC anymore, so it really doesnt concern ME that much ( bullseye here I come)HA! , but Im sorry for the younger guys I got involved in this sport, to have it constantly changed and reworked every year. How did it last from 1962- 2005 without someone being concerned if someone changed the front/ rear sight on their Distinguished semi auto, from factory. Hey how did AT custom and Springfield make the first distinguished guns anyway.. I wish the new shooters could have experienced PPC in its earlier days . How come hurricanes in Mississippi were more fun than clear days in NM.
      I dont expect anything we do as shooters to change the events happening, BUT I , and my teammates will gladly participate in any effort to keep things from gettin worse.PLEASE keep us posted here with any additional info/efforts. Thanks,
      Bob Barnes,Capt. LAPD Pistol Team
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement