Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Response from Marc Lipp
    • Tony Miller (Login tm1955)
      Posted Jun 18, 2015 11:01 AM

Good morning everyone. Here is a response I received this morning from Marc Lipp reference an email I sent him about the changes to the Nationals. I assume he is going to let Mr. Hoyer respond to the changes to the Nationals. This is his response to my inquiring why the Nationals can't be moved if it would attract more shooters and cut down on their (the NRA's) expense of travel and putting them on. If you don't have their email addresses, here it is: Mlipp@nrahq.org
      Ghoyer@nrahq.org

Good Morning Tony,

I wanted to let you know I received and appreciate your comments and requests about upcoming changes to NPSC by the NRA Law Enforcement Assistance Committee and that Glen Hoyer will be sending you a response.

I did however want to let you know some information concerning the location of NPSC. The operation costs is almost no deferent wherever in the county we host the Championships. In fact it may be lower in Albuquerque based on the lower cost of the area and expenses absorbed by the City of Albuquerque.

The deciding factor concerning where NPSC is held relates to; a municipality or private sector group has to want to host NPSC and they must have; a 102 point 50 yard turning target pistol range; 25 point 50 yard police range suitable for the Shotgun Championship; six action range bays; two large vendor halls; tournament offices; permanent storage areas for the NRA; provide, at no charge, all local range and local law enforcement staff needed for the Championships, and maintain the facility at no charge to the NRA. When Mississippi was no longer a viable location several sites were visited with none being able to accommodate NPSC until Albuquerque was found and to date Albuquerque remains the only such facility and agency in the United States. Since an agency would have to spend several million dollars to develop what they would need to host NPSC, given today’s economic climate I doubt we will have other options for a few years at least.

Again Tony, thanks for sending your e-mail and thanks for sending it directly so we see it.

Marc
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement