Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • NPSC
    • Bob (Login REB55)
      Posted Jun 18, 2015 11:57 PM

Hey Jerry and other shooters.

Well what can you say. Mr Hoyer and Mr Lipp are as practiced voodoo practicioners as our politicians. There havent been 500 competitors at the NPSC in well over 5-6 years. Look at Distinguished match results or others it averages mid 350- 250 maybe a few more here or there up or down since it moved to Albuquerque. Im looking at the results pages for the actual matches.
      So they must be adding the New Mexico Challenge new shooters or something to get those statistics. And last year there were about 20-30 more shooters for the Stock auto than the Distinguished revolver,( my guess would be local officers) big whoop.
      2-3 gunsmiths to build PPC revolvers, really look on the net I found 7 in about 20 seconds. And I know 6 locally.
      Gonna keep the off duty revolver because thats still in use , well that shows he is in touch. Hardly anyone carries a 2" revolver anywhere for anything in these day of small 380/9mm autos and more important no one carries the type of off duty revolver the match is shot with, a 2 1/2" SIX shot revolver for a back up or much of anything else unless your an old guy like me maybe.

But it is amazing to me that most of the young new shooters I know, love shooting the revolver. Tom Luna 1490 at NPSC and Sean Foote' 2nd overall open 3000 match last year, have never carried a revolver as a primary duty weapon,almost to a man the new shooters we have love shooting the revolver its FUN.

PPC shooting has never been realistic type firearms training for law enforcement. Maybe in the days when we had to shoot the 7 yard line from the hip but that was a while ago.
      What it is, is probably the best training for shooting fundamentals for law enforcement ever created. left hand /right hand /standing/sitting/ kneeling/ prone/barricade. Then watch the sights, press the trigger,control your breathing , keep focused if you have a malfunction.
      Then when an officer gets into a shooting situation as things go to superspeed at least enough of the basic fundamentals remain
      that they end the situation successfully.
      Modern officers get plenty of situational, force on force,rapid fire close range shooting. What they dont get is any refresher for the basic fundamentals. WHY ???? Because its HARD. Thats why we have 10-12 guys try PPC for 1-2 matches and go off to something else, its hard. But the young officers that stay like it for that reason and because they see the results, versus other types of competition.
      Now the NRA thinks that changing, having more short yardage matches/ team events/ stock team/production/production team and dumping the revolver will increase the amount of new shooters , well maybe for a couple matches but not for long, because they are not successful, they leave and go to IDPA/IPSC where its a different type of shooting. We know because we have gone through it for years to get new shooters.
      I also think, maybe Im wrong but the loss of revolver events will make alot of older shooters/ shooters that argue, fight, and love this sport, quit. Then when the numbers really go down, the change to the much more lucrative 3 gun match type shooting will occur. First starting with Law Enforcement but after a couple years it will be opened up to civilians and now supposedly the cash will really start rolling in,from corporations, more than competition, which is the main objective. Just my belief, but Im old and grumpy and I watch the X-Files.
      As far as shortening the NPSC , well, you dont have to go to the practice day for the regional, we used to not have one.Do away with the Tactical Match and get rid of all the production stuff, its redundant, same results as the other matches.Hey, then you wont need bays and 1000 yard rifle range, or whatever to host the NPSC.
      DO I believe any of this will make a difference to the Folks at the NRA , AAAHHHHH------- NO !
      But its fun to talk and get it off our chest, Take Care Bob

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement