Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: MINE FIELD
    • Unregistered Member (Login JIMPGOV)
      Posted Jul 3, 2015 10:08 PM

FIRST I AGREE WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING MIKE AND JERRY HAVE TO SAY. NOW THAT BEING SAID.

I DO UNDERSTAND TRYING TO SHORTEN THE NATIONALS. BUT NOT FOR THE PURPOSE OF LENGTHENING OR DIVERTING TO THE T.P.C.. WHICH I BELIEVE IS THE INTENT.

MY SUGGESTION IS TO HAVE ONLY 1 1500,SERVICE AND OD MATCH. YOU THE SHOOTER DECIDE WHAT GUN YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH FOR EVERY MATCH. BE IT REVOLVER OR AUTO AND USE YOUR CLASSIFICATION FOR THAT GUN ACCORDINGLY. THAT WAY NEW SHOOTERS (PRIMARILY AUTO TRAINED) WOULD ONLY HAVE TO BUY 1 GUN TO COMPETITIVE. A 6" AUTO WITH A TRISET REAR THAT CAN BE USED FOR OPEN AND DISTINGUISHED AUTO. THEY WOULD HAVE A DUTY GUN FOR SERVICE AND AN OFF DUTY GUN. SHOTGUNS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROVIDED AND WOULD CONTINUE TO DO SO.

YOU CAN STILL HAVE 2 DISTINGUISHED BADGES REVOLVER AND AUTO. JUST 1 DISTINGUISHED MATCH AT THE NPSC, SHOOT WHAT YOU WANT, MAYBE ALLOW YOU TO SHOOT EACH. AND STILL HAVE THE CLASSIFICATION'S FOR ALL THE GUNS.

MY HOPE IS THAT WITH THE REDUCED COST OF NEW EQUIPMENT IT WOULD STIMULATE NEW SHOOTERS ATTENDANCE. AND BRING BACK PLENTY OF OLDER REVOLVER SHOOTERS WHO DON'T HAVE THE TIME OR MONEY (RETIRED LIKE ME,NOW ENJOYING DAY #2 OF RETIREMENT)OR DESIRE TO BUY OR SHOOT THE AUTOS.

AS IT STANDS NOW I HAVE 7 GUNS TO BRING TO THE NATIONALS. IT'S CRAZY.

JUST THINK HOW MANY OF US HAVE 5" DISTINGUISHED AUTOS SITTING AROUND DOING NOTHING. HELL,I HAVE A FULL SET OF AUTOS IN 9MM AND .45.I'M SURE PLENTY OF YOU GUYS DO TOO. REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAD TO HAVE A CORRECT LENGTH HOLSTER FOR EACH GUN AT JACKSON? I SURLY DO . BECAUSE I HAD JUST BOUGHT MY OD REVOLVER HOLSTER AT PEARL AND THAN DIDN'T NEED IT AT JACKSON. IT'S STILL SITTING IN THE BOX.

LET US DECIDE WHAT WE WANT TO SHOOT. NOT HAVE A BUREAUCRAT DECIDE FOR US.THEY'RE LIKE THE IRS. NO ONE BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE. AT LEAST WE CAN VOTE OUT A BUREAUCRAT IN POLITICS. WE HAVE NO VOICE OF REASON HERE. I DON'T THINK WE NEED DICTATORSHIP, BUT THAT'S WHAT WE'VE GOT.

JIM P
      (THANK YOU COACH DITKA. I WILL SIT QUIETLY AND WAIT FOR YOUR REPLY. )
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement