Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Wadcutter vs SWC
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jan 27, 2016 6:01 PM

Have to agree with JR and Tony's comments. After about 40+ years of loading, testing, and machine resting have never found a SWC to outshoot a WC. Have tested some WC's of poor quality both swaged and cast that shot horrible.I am not going to name names, except Star when they were in business had the best performing WC and SWC out there. Very sorry to see the demise of this maker. For some unknown reason the WC performs much better than the SWC in the accuracy dept. Whether or not it has something to do the projecting nose of the SWC or bullet weight, causing poor stabilization @50 or other factors I never have figured out. BBl twist and diameter I am sure enters into it along with forcing cone, cyl to alignment and on and on. I have tried just about any bullet I could get my hands on and multiple powders, but never got same results that I could get with the WC. Factory loads always performed better for me in our tests then hand loads too. Same headstamps, consistent primer seating depth, consistent oal, crimp, sufficient hammer strike like any factor determing consistent bullet performance/accuracy very important. Finding the right bullet and load for your gun is the key. One load might be super accurate in one gun and in a gun model identical to that super accurate gun not shoot worth a darn.
      Any other thoughts out there, post them. Always looking for a better mouse trap.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement