Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • PPC Glasses
    • DG (Login AHBK)
      Posted Feb 2, 2016 11:37 AM

This will be a controversial response. I'm 66 years old and like you I have a hard time seeing the sights and target. I've tried them all.....reading glasses of 1.0-1.25-1.5-1.75-2.0. Finally I went to my eye Dr. And had glasses made to the focal length to focus on the front sight.....real clear but you can't see the target. At 25 yards can't see the rings and on a good day I can bairly see the numbers. It's like you have to guess at where the X ring is. At 50 yards all you can see is the silhouette that's it. Yes....I know ...neck hold. I've tried it and don't like it. Yes I also know I'm in the minority. Any way I used these prescription glasses for a whole season and did pretty well with them. This winter when I moved inside to practice I started experimenting. I tried shooting with my everyday progressive style glasses and shot just as well ....bobbing my head up and down to find a happy medium of partial focus on the sights and the target. To make a long story short I went back to reading aviator style glasses of 1.25 strength. Wala the sights are not dead clear but good enough and I can see the target very well. I'm scoring much better. Can't believe it .......it's amazing. I know we have always been told........focus on the front sight but that may not be the best advice for older shooters that don't have The Eye of the Tiger. Try it you'll like it.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement