Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Bill Davis
    • Philip Hemphill (Login pwh1500)
      Posted Apr 20, 2016 10:33 PM

As a young trooper/Shooter going to the NRA PPC Nationals in Des Moines, IA 1985, I met Mr Bill Davis. He was bigger than life especially after just reading the Davis WindMaster article in a gun magazine. In fact the writer was at the Nationals shooting for the U S Customs.
      I would shoot my match then run up to the Armory and go through the Vendors Row oowwwing over all of the PPC revolvers that Mr Bill had brought from California.
      I finally wore him down, after fingering every one of his revolvers, and he agreed to trade me for one of the Windmasters.
      The rest you can say is history.
      Mr Bill might have seen something in me but I don't know because I was a young worry wart for him, but he went out of his way and treated me just like he did everybody else. He was a very generous man who loved to help people.
      I called him and told him I wanted to swap that barrel for a more rounded bottom barrel, he swapped it out and called it the "Hemphill" contour after my Large butt I think
      Bill, I love you and will always remember you and your generous nature.
      Philip
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement