Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Success
    • Dave Fitzgerald (Login dfitz)
      Posted Apr 30, 2016 4:37 AM

Hi guys,

Phil agreed to sell me his revolver and I paid his asking price.

I met Phil a few years ago shooting small bore silhouette. I think he retired with the sheriff's department. One day I brought a 22 pistol to the silhouette match. He was probably 75 at the time and was kicking butt. He impressed the hell out of me. At the time I didn't know he had won a bunch of state championship pistol matches out here in Hawaii. Super nice guy.

Here's the gun. It was a model 15 snub nose that he didn't have a use for and sent it in to Mr. Davis.

IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

IMG_3160.JPG

He let me test fire it at 50 yards with some factory Federal HBWC he had stashed. I put it on sand bags and it delivered. I shot 2 groups with his factory loads and 2 groups with my hand loads.

IMG_2590.JPG

I tried my Speer and Hornady HBWC in 3.1 HP38. Sorry, the Remington's are too messy.

IMG_2589.JPG

I started the registration today and won't have it in my hands again for another two weeks. I'm excited to have a piece of history that will continue to be used, admired and enjoyed.

Dave

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement