Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Good and bad
    • Mike Tangas (Login MKT_PPC)
      Posted May 5, 2016 3:54 AM

Todd,
      Just so you know, when the Production was originally pitched at the 2013 Competitors Meeting it was proposed to be included in the Stock Auto Match AND be the shooter's choice, just like the Off-Duty Match. Somehow during the off-season that morphed into a stand alone match with an accompanying Team Match and was included in the Aggregate. That meant that nearly EVERYONE had to go out and buy another gun. My Glock, which could have been used was illegal due to the fact I changed the rear sight for duty use years ago. The idea of making it a stand alone match most likely sat squarely on Glen Hoyer's shoulders.

The decision to make Production a stand alone match I believe is what prompted dropping a 1500 from the schedule. That wouldn't have happened if Production was included in the schedule the way we had proposed.

The following year (2014), to try to make everything fit, Hoyer and crew decided to make the Team Matches non-fired paper matches. We had to fight to get the fired event back and now there is a rule that states Team Matches at the NPSC will be fired matches (17.5.1).

And for the record, yes, I bought a new Springfield XD just for the Production match. I'm sure I'll find a use for it, just not at the Nationals.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement