Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • PPC Dying
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jun 1, 2016 11:55 AM

That was(unfortunately)me and my "opinion". It is on its very last leg here(St.Louis) and waiting for the last nail to be put in. I hope I am just a pessimist and completely wrong. Just recently our season started up and we were fortunate enough to have use of the STLPD range through some diligent efforts of some officers working at the academy. I think we had about 4-5(could be wrong)show up with two "new" participants. Every year now we see dwindling participation with no new interest(young officers) from an area with many muni departments including St. Louis County and the city. This year I sadly missed the Memphis Regional(1st time in about 40+ years)due to financial reasons. My understanding only 2 from our area showed up to compete. If this is an example of what is happening then I have little hope for an insurgence.
      I hope you are 100% correct and prove the naysayers wrong like myself. I hope I am wrong, but right now doesn't look good. We continue to hunt for and promote the discipline and our league, looking for that light at the end of the tunnel.
      Again I commend those efforts of the people working for and trying to improve conditions at the Nationals and keep PPC alive and well, and hope for the best.
      Stay safe
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement