Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Wolff
    • toddcfii (Login toddcfii)
      Posted Aug 1, 2016 10:07 AM

I have put Wolff competition springs in four of my S&W revolvers with good results. I have replaced the main springs and rebound springs. In all but one I used the lightest rebound spring that comes with the kit. In two of the four it was a simple drop in process with no light hits on any of my factory or reloaded loads. On two of my revolvers I got light hits on about half of my factory loads and reloads. So I researched and ended up buying set screws to replace the main spring screws so I could get more tension on the main spring. I then adjusted the set screw as necessary until I wasn't getting light hits. I bought the set screws at Ace Hardware. I forget the size but be sure to get the long ones so you can have maximum adjustment. Once the set screws are where you want them put some blue thread lock on the set screw.

I would put in the lightest rebound spring and see how it felt under rapid DA dry firing. On one of my revolvers the light rebound spring seemed to cause the "reset to not quite reset" so I put in the next higher spring and it felt good. Once I had these in there was no comparison to a factory trigger. The factory triggers were off scale on my trigger gauge (I am guessing 14 lbs plus in DA). After the Wolff springs and adjustments they measure around 8 to 9 lbs and feel much better.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement