Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Well said
    • toddcfii (Login toddcfii)
      Posted Aug 27, 2016 10:15 AM

JB:

Well said. I appreciate someone with years of experience in the PPC game relaying their first hand knowledge of how the judging and competition really works. I am not one to push the rules and have sent my two revolvers to a gunsmith for action work and to put back in the set screw. I hope they come out as well or better than when I sent them in.

To other comments about light hits with an action job: I recommend extensively test firing a gun before any competition and if you get any light hits then there is not enough tension on the main spring so do something! 1 in 150 light hits is obviously not acceptable. However, I have talked with a lot of competitors who only use federal primers because they get failures to fire with other primers. So the thing they did was use Federal primers. Worked for them.

Respectfully,

Todd
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement