Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Well Said
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Aug 27, 2016 7:20 PM

Thank you sir. Your added suggestions are very good. Using Federal Primers the way to go if reloading and the primer strike has been lightened to any extent. If you are using the newer S&Ws with the floating firing pins,(MIM guns) can even get better results in comparison to the older hammers with the integral pivoting pin. Some have added a small spring to the older hammers like the N frame hammers for even more consistent ignition on some of the harder primers. I know some of the reloading tool makers say don't use Federal Primer for liability reasons(CYA), but have never really heard of any real problems. I have been using Dillon for years and use Federal all the time for .38s and Winchester for 9mm. Remigton and CCI the hardest with Winchester and S&B next(my opinion)Making sure the primer seated right and bottoms out in cup important too.
      Test and experiment and determine what will work best. Some advocate a "hard" strike for better and consistent accuracy performance.You be the judge on that.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement