Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Off duty pistol
    • Tony (Login tm1955)
      Posted Sep 25, 2016 10:43 AM

I use a Springfield EMP in 9mm. It shoots great, though a little hard to hold onto with the short grip on it. But if you concentrate and do what you are supposed to do, this little gun will do it for you. It is amazing how accurate it is.

I did talk with Deb Else, the custom shop coordinator, at the nationals this year. She has asked management to let them build some custom shop Ultra Compacts in 9mm this coming year. She said she doesn't know if the management will allow them to do that or not, just wait until I hear something from her. This Ultra Compact will give you the longer grip length while keeping the barrel within the rules. I am sure it will be expensive coming from the custom shop, but in my opinion well worth it. The new EMP 4 unfortunately has to long of a barrel to qualify though it has the longer grip length that feels so good to shoot. And I am told by Deb NOT to put my original EMP slide and barrel on the frame of the EMP 4, and the custom shop won't modify my two pistols for me.

Another shooter was/is using a Kimber Micro Compact? in 9mm and did very well with that. It had a longer grip length to it that might be more comfortable to shoot. And you might be able to find one of those around. I have been checking for the Springfield Ultra Compact and the only ones around are in 45ACP.

So if any one has a Springfield custom shop Ultra Compact in 9mm, I am interested in buying it.
      my email address is: tonyjmiller@frontiernet.net

Thanks.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement