Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Cruimp on wadcutters
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Nov 17, 2016 10:05 AM

I am no x-pert by any means, but I have found that by either trimming brass to same length(after resizing)and then loading, using a very light roll crimp I am able to squeeze the most accuracy out of the load for the 50. "I" prefer a light roll crimp over taper crimp. 25 on in do not bother to do this. Most folks say no need to trim at all. This pretty true with a straight wall case and may not matter that much at all. With a taper crimp no need to do this. With the same uniform roll crimp I think can effect bullet pull and pressure provided your powder drop uniform too. Try to use same headstamps also, because brass thickness will also effect the crimp. As always experiment and try and see what works for your gun. I recommend seat bullet first and then crimp. Make sure the flare is enough to eliminate shaving lead and deforming bullet.
      My opinions, others may have other ideas and suggestions that are better. Try everything and use what works for you.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement