Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Production Gun
    • Brad (Login BradJH)
      Posted Nov 21, 2016 3:18 PM

Howdy, in reference to rule: 3.10 Production S/A gun. Rule stipulates barrel length max 5" with double action. We, here in Canada, can't possess 4" barrels. (there are exemptions, but for all intents and purposes can't)
      Yes, the debate can go for a long time over tasty beverages over how stupid the law is, but not right now.

We used to obtain the OK by the referees in Jackson, and then Albuquerque, for us to use our S&W 5906/5946 with an extended barrel. The pistols have been fitted with a barrel slightly over the 105mm length, 4.25" to replace the factory 4" barrel.
      I would like to put this request to the "powers that be", to obtain permission to again utilize these same pistols.
      Appears to me this gun match is designed for a "duty" type gun for D/A, striker, etc requirement. Hence my want to bring the 5906.

I've gone to the NRA Law Enforcement site, but can't find an email that I could possibly direct my request to.

Does anyone here have a contact email where I can send something?
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement