Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Case filling
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Dec 17, 2016 5:47 PM

Have to agree with you Jim, I can remember when people ran away from Bullseye in droves due to reports of detonation with small charge loads and it flashing across the top of the charge therefore not "burning" as such. So 30 years or so on, we're still using Bullseye and still the same charge weights, I haven't heard of a gun blowing up in oooohhh how long?? There definitely is a difference in velocity spread from first shot to subsequent shots, all due to powder placement. I have tested countless rounds fired over a chrono with load loaded in the horizontal position in relation to rounds loaded in the vertical position against first shot vertical to subsequent horizontal shots. Yes, less air space is good for consistent velocities with small powder weights, the bulkier the powder negates the issue. Just a personal powder preference, adapt and overcome....

Irish-PPC, I am one of those australians using the rounds in question. 38spl case with 2.1g of Bullseye and a 100g SWC sunk 3mm down in the case is my fave. I am getting fantastic accuracy out to 50yds with minimal recoil, as with this discussion thread I find that I get no unburnt powder and the velocities are extremely consistent.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement