Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Case filling etc
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Dec 17, 2016 7:44 PM

JB, details are as...

1. Is this a cast boolit or swaged? - swaged and powder coated

2. What is the actual oal of loaded round? - 1/8th" below case mouth on a 38spl case.

3 Roll crimp or taper crimp - Taper of course, doesn't work harden the case as much. Makes for easier loading during fast runs.

4. What kind of groups are you getting, centre to centre? - If I could load a picture I would. Up and down around the 1 1/2" side to side less than 3/4". we're more interested in the side to side as that is a true capture of the group size. we've both been around long enough to know that there are too many variables to accurately give an up/down group. Try the link below for photo.

5. Getting any tipping? - None

6. Any idea of velocity? - including SD and MAD

6.6 - SD

5.3 - MAD

7. What kind of brass? - Win is the only brass that will fit in my gun, PMC too thick in the case wall, haven't tried Starline.

8. What primer? - Fed 100's of course

7. Shot from machine rest,bench rest? - ransom rest, takes the idiot factor out of the equation.

[URL=http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj561/tonykent1960/Photo0434_zpsgy1kbe1c.jpg" alt="[linked image]">[/IMG][/URL]
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement