Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • case filling etc
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Dec 18, 2016 12:01 AM

Thanks JB, lead you up the garden path sorry, they are cast bullets, not swaged.

An old friend of mine makes them down in Adelaide, Sth Australia - Spartan http://spartanprojectiles.boxhost.me/index.html) they are 357 diam.

No, the top of the projectile is 1/8th below, fills a lot of airspace up. Probably why only Win cases will fit, a lot thinner walls on the brass than other manufacturers.

Gun is a S&W mod 14 with an Apex barrel 1-8 twist .355. I have had the gun for some 15 years now, built by a friend of mine who has built more than he would like to admit. The cylinder has nice tight chambers (and one not so) which works well.

I normally shoot 24 shot groups and are comparable to what you saw, I couldn't find one to show but have always said to myself that one cylinderful at a time in 4 different positions is the match.

Crimp die is an old RCBS that I have had for 20 plus years now.

cheers
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement