Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Case filling etc
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Dec 19, 2016 1:01 AM

JB, I managed to take a snap of a loaded case and the projectile. Pity about the quality of the image, bit like me fuzzy.

[linked image].html?o=0

I believe the projectile is an old H&G design, as a lot of the good ones are. I do like a HBWC but trying to find decent quality swaged pills is getting harder. And at an affordable price.

The taper crimp aids in directing them into the cylinder, and with practice I don't even think twice these days.

Irish-PPC - Pretty much all you want to do is to put enough pressure on the pill so it doesn't move forward. Due to the softness of the lead it is easily deformed and made undersized. I have posted here before that I had a belling die made up at 357 and the same length as the HBWC so the HBWC's would slide in without causing the skirt to be crushed as most dies are made at 355 and short. Always a taper crimp in my books, but personal preference.

Glad for the chat guys, keep it up

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement