Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Twist of rate barrels
    • JB (Login x-cop)
      Posted Jan 2, 2017 1:36 PM

Andrew,
      Interesting that you are able to use the 100 SWC's in this bbl with such good results. Can you tell me what your "load" is for this bullet, COL, etc?. Are you getting reliable function and lock up? Did you "chrono" the loads?
      LIke Tony says, STI refused to tell me what bbl they are using other than it is a 1:16 twist.No one else seems to know what they are either.Fairly sure made in Phillipines since their lower end guns made there, but could be in error. The one they replaced it with likes Winchester 115 JHP the most with 4.2 CFE powder, 1.142 COL so far. Cant load it down too much with the weight of slide will not function.You can see slide moving forward almost slow motion, and do clunk on lockup.Does lock up tight. HOw is trigger on yours? Mine breaks about 4.0 lbs no creep.
      Just curious, sights appear to be Aristocrat, and wondering if your adjustment screws are metric or s.a.e.? Mine has metric,and Jim @ Aristocrat swears his only come with s.a.e. Had to have the front sight replaced for a higher one for neck shooting at 50. Stock sight could only shoot point at 50, this way it came.
      BTW, like the furniture on yours. I picked up a nice set of Rosewood with finger groobs on Ebay made in Phillipines I think.
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement