Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Re: Twist of rate barrels
    • Andrew (Login spEKTre)
      Posted Jan 2, 2017 5:44 PM

JB
      I'm currently using 2.60gr of AS30N + 100gr Spartan SWC @ 1.035 ( short I know ) and I had major issues using Win brass but swapped to all new Starline and feeding problems disappeared straight away. The lockup is ok but after about 200+ rounds I can get some issues because the chamber is pretty tight. The loads chrono at between 1030 and 1050 fps, its interesting because below those speeds the groups open up quickly off the sand bag.

My STI has a definitive clunk when it batters which is annoying but has the advantage of letting you know if a round gets stuck and doesn't chamber, the trigger is ok its closer to 3lb than 4lb and practically zero creep ( I made up a trigger stop screw with a rubber insert ). The rear sight is aristocrat but the front is a custom steel block grub screwed onto the barrel, the screws are definitely imperial.

Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement