Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Twist rate
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Jan 4, 2017 2:33 PM

Thanks JB, I haven't seen Nobels powder in Aus since the '80's when I bought a can of Revolver No 1, I still have the unopened tin. Unfortunately we are stuck between the rock and the hard place, a shortage in the US means an extra shortage here.

ADI/Thales manage to export most of their powder these days over there and re-badge as Hodgons, apart from the "small fire" they had in one of their production lines we have been promised a replacement for AP30 for two years now. If you can find the other ADI powders then if it works you grab it. Winchester powder is scarcer than hen's teeth, we have a plant down in Melbourne but they don't produce powder, go figure. Alliant is just if not more difficult to get hold of so we buy big. Vihtavuori powder is few and far between, and enormously expensive.

That is why we tend to be experimenters over here, make something work. I know someone with a tin of WAA Lite that I may pinch and see if I can get that to do something in the 9mm, at least I can buy quantity.

I won't get started on primers.....

But thanks for the heads up on Vectan, you never know.

cheers
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement