Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • Leading
    • Tony (Login tonyk1960)
      Posted Jan 24, 2017 3:43 AM

Andrew, I'll give you $20 for the barrel NOW.... just send details wink.gif

It certainly isn't done with, I've personally had my barrel on my SP gun since 1999 and have shot more rounds than I can count or wish to. Using 148BNWC with 3.2AS30. Yeah there is a little bit of lead there after 90 rounds, but I expect that, I didn't like and couldn't get to shoot the 135 grain loads, so I stopped. If you don't want some leading, shoot jacketed and as we both know isn't an option.

I think you are worrying way too much. You could try a slower powder, maybe AP50 but I know people who have a lead mine falling out of their barrels at the end of a SP match, clean it and get on with it.

As you said, it doesn't happen with another gun, right load right gun. My barrel is a 1:6.

cheers
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement