Respond to this messageReturn to Index
Original Message
  • S&W model 15 barrel swap
    • Hatman1793 (Login Hatman1793)
      Posted Feb 2, 2017 5:13 PM

Would like to see a different perspective on a dilemma I have about a spare/backup 4" service gun.

I have a S&W 4" model 15 with the tapered barrel. Have an opportunity to obtain a S&W model 10 with the desirable heavy barrel, also 4". Some of the later model 15's have this HB but mine does not.
      So I could buy the model 10 HB, have it put on my 15, with a new front sight treatment. The 10HB sight is lower than the adjustable 15.
      Cost would be around $350.00. All in. That's option one.

Option two is to have a spare S&W adjustable sight installed on my heavy barrel S&W model 13. The 13 has fixed sights so my cost would only be the installation costs. However, this could be a tricky job, plus a tool for cutting the adjustable sight hold-down square must be found, sourced or perhaps someone has one.

Option three is just continue to use my S&W model 19 for service matches & save the cost.

Opinions? Thanks...
    Login Status
  • You are not logged in
    • Login
      Password

Optional
      Provides additional benefits such as notifications, signatures, and user authentication.

Create Account
    Your Name
    Message Title
    Message Text
    Options
    Enable formatted text (what's this?)

Notice: This is a moderated forum. Your post will not show up until a moderator approves the message. If you regularly have full posting privileges, you may have to login first.

Find more forums on Law EnforcementCreate your own forum at Network54
     Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement